The following Personal Data Privacy Statement is provided to you pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“Ordinance”) in connection with your dealings with, and provision of personal data or information (“Data”) to, GFM Group Limited (“GFM”) from time to time. GFM is fully committed to protecting the privacy interests of individuals who provide us with information about themselves.
1. From time to time, it may become necessary for you to supply GFM with Data in connection with various matters such as for interacting with with our team, starting a client relationship or in the ordinary course of receiving GFM’s services.
2. Data can also be collected during online interactions, such as when you visit our website or when you sign up to our events online. The information collected may be processed by us or other third parties whom we have engaged to provide us with services.
B. Purpose and use:
1. The Data may be used for any or all of the following purposes, depending on your relationship with GFM:
1.1. the processing of an application for an account with GFM including confirming and verifying your identity;
1.2. the daily operation of your account and the services to be provided to you;
1.3. any purpose related to the administration of the products and services offered by GFM;
1.4. researching, designing and launching investment services or products by GFM;
1.5. meeting the disclosure, reporting and compliance requirements under applicable laws or regulations;
1.6 promoting and direct marketing of services and products subject to your right to opt-out of such interactions.
C. Retention and Access:
1. The Data collected may be maintained for such period of time required under applicable law and as otherwise needed for the purposes set out above.
2. Data held by GFM relating to you will be kept confidential and GFM will take all reasonable measures to ensure that Data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure and destruction. GFM may provide access to Data to the following parties:
2.1. GFM, its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers or directors;
2.2. any investment-related service providers of GFM including the broker, custodian, trustee, registrar, transfer agent, the custodian, administrative service agent or auditor;
2.3. any operations-related consultants or service providers who provide administrative, marketing, telecommunication, information technology or other services to GFM;
2.4. to regulatory, government or legal authority to comply with a applicable laws or in response to a specific request, inquiry or order;
GFM’s policy is to restrict access to those who need to use the Data and who have been instructed to observe confidentiality.
3. Under the Ordinance, you have the right to:
3.1. check whether GFM holds Data about you, and access to such Data;
3.2. require GFM to correct any Data relating to you which is inaccurate;
3.3. ascertain GFM’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kinds of Data held by GFM; and
3.4. opt-out of the use of your Data for marketing purposes by communicating your decision for the same to GFM.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, GFM has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the process of any data request.
For access to your Data held by GFM, correction of such Data, objection to use of your Data for direct marketing purposes or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Data held, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our office address displayed on this website.
The information contained herein is issued by GFM Group Limited. It has not been reviewed or approved by any regulatory or government authority.
Nothing in this statement shall limit your rights under the Ordinance.